Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Soft and Sweet - FMS161







Hmmm the title of this post might remind you of the Pillsbury Dough Boy but I am actually talking color here today.  At a recent Stampin' Up! gathering we were asked to name our favorite SU! color. The moaning and groaning that followed was incredible but our leaders -  Brian and Pam -  held firm. We had to name one color and boy was that hard to do! Strong colors like Real Red, Blackberry Bliss and Cherry Cobbler were very popular - and those colors crossed my mind for sure - but when it was my turn the words Soft Sky just popped out.  I have used it here in my Christmas card - softened even more with a piece of vellum layered over it.  It is one of those colors that always seems to add a sweet fresh look to a design. Exactly the look I was going for today since I created this for Freshly Made Sketches!


  I am hosting this week and would love to have you join us at Freshly Made Sketches and play along using my sketch!  I'll by dropping by to see your wonderful creations!
                 
                                                     

21 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Simply beautiful! I love the vellum overlay. Okay I'm switching, I think that Soft Sky is my favorite color (at least for today!!). :)

Dawn Tidd said...

Okay, that is gorgeous! I love the Soft Sky with the vellum and the pine bough. Looks like snow falling in the background.

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful card, Linda! So pretty with the vellum overlay!

OH Babs said...

Great card and I have those stamps. My favorite SU! colors would be Soft Sky and Pumpkin Pie. I really am not an orange lover but I love PP.

Cindy Lovell said...

Just beautiful,Linda! The vellum overlay looks great! And i love the images!!

Karren said...

This card is one of my favorite ever cards of yours, Linda (and there are a few favorites, rest assured!) I love how the twine resembles snowy banks and the beautiful soft background made even softer with the vellum. Fabulous sketch too, by the way :)

Jen Mitchell said...

Now who'the "artiste?" I avoided that stamp set because I thought the images were too big. But I am clearly in the wrong because they are absolutely perfect and gorgeous on this card! And you're right, the soft sky softens everything up.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Linda! I love those pinecones and that pine bough! Looks so realistic! Great background paper! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Amy O said...

Soft and beautiful! I love the vellum overlay. This is a great sketch, Linda!

Marisa said...

Adore this, Linda!

Evelyn S. said...

I'm here from FMS....beautiful use of the sketch and the SU! images. I have this set bookmarked in the catalog---maybe I should order it so I can get cards made!

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Linda! Love the trio of beautiful pinecones! Thanks for the inspiration!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a beautiful, inspirational card and I love the sketch this week too! Thanks Linda! Hazel xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my this is totally gorgeous Linda! Love your use of this stamp set (truly one of the nicest ones I've seen!)

Wanda Mosqueda said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful, as they always are...Thank you for such a perfect design for us this week...

Cindy Hall said...

This is beyond lovely, Linda. Love the DSP background that you chose to go with the stamped images. Amazing. I feel a CASE coming on!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the delicateness of your card, and how you emphasized it with the soft cord wrapping. Blessings!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Ah, so pretty. I think Soft Sky stole my heart this season, too...maybe it was SU's plan with that All is Calm DSP! You paired it so well with the Ornamental Pine set and a pop of brown- just lovely.

Kitty A. said...

Beautiful card and wonderful idea to use vellum. Loved your thankful post also. I could sympathize, empathize, and enjoy right there with you!

Steffi Helmschrott ❤︎ Stempelwiese said...

Your card ist so beautiful! I like it ❤

Kim S said...

Soft Sky would have popped into my mind too and you have shown exactly why. Those bold images are given a soft and gentle look simply because of the background.