Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Send or Stash? FMS172








The keynote speaker at Stampin' Up!'s Leadership conference this past week delivered a powerful presentation on the importance of handwritten letters, notes and cards.  It resonated with me since the majority of cards I post on my blog do go right in the mail.  And interestingly enough I can go back through my blog and remember the recipient of just about every card posted.  That is amazing especially considering I can never seem to remember where I left my cell phone or put down my glasses!  But taking the time to write a few lines and pop a card in the mail creates a definite connection.  If you are reading this you are probably a card maker as well.  What happens to your cards?  Do you send them or stash them?


I am hosting this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Sure hope you enjoy my sketch and play along!  I inked the new set Little Sunshine in Lost Lagoon and used a Soft Sky base on my card that is headed out to welcome a new baby boy!

                                           

14 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

What a sweet little card! I love the color, perfect for a baby boy. And the twine under the hearts adds just the right touch. :)

I definitely give almost all of my cards away. One of the bonuses of having a huge family...there is always a birthday, baby, wedding or anniversary! :)

Traci Davis said...

Beautiful card, thanks for sharing! I send my cards right away, I rarely have a stash.

Brian King said...

You're good. You're really good. This is beautiful simplicity at its best. I am not a robot.

Cindy Lovell said...

Great Sketch,Linda!!!
Your card is so pretty! I love these beautiful blue colors,the twine behind the pretty heart and the sequins!!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable to the max! You ARE the Queen of Clean!!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda love this CAS soft blue card. So sweet... the twirl of twine is fab...

Yes I mailed cards almost everyday to everyone... I send out many to friends who are going through the big "C" in one way or another. I try not to make those a 'get well' but rather up lifting and cheery thinking of you types. then there are the zillion birthdays.. home and at work... then the special occasions.. and ...and... and...
I love sending them, and have been told how MUCH they LOVE getting them! Hugs.

Jen Mitchell said...

I love how these hearts look in shades of blue! As for my cards I send some but have a large stash that someday I plan to sort and send to OWH.

Karren said...

I'm a stasher not a sender (hangs head in shame). This card is a perfect baby card - the twine and the little heart button look fabulous.

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

This is just perfect, Linda! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

Amy O said...

I love the monochromatic look of this card, Linda. The blue is beautiful, and I love the hearts for a baby card. I don't send out as many cards as I should. I have a good stash, but can never find just the "right" one when I need to send something out so I end up making another one to mail.

Jen Brum said...

Great card Linda! Love the monochromatic look! Thanks for the great sketch! No circle but it sure challenged me! I'm a stashed. I'm a bit like Amy - I have a stash of cards but never seem to have the right one.

Gisela said...

Linda this is too sweet!! Love the button and the threat looks like is part of the circles.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love, love, love! What a gorgeous baby card - you've used the perfect embellishments!

Evelyn S. said...

This is such an appealing card! I didn't realize it was an SU! creation. The colors are terrific and the effect is so clean and soft!