Thursday, March 19, 2015

Birthday Celebrations! PPA244





My husband celebrated his birthday this week - all week as a matter of fact!  First a family dinner at a local pub. Then came the annual buying of his own birthday present.  This year he treated himself to a new utility trailer to replace the one that he has been dragging around for years.  (We never know what it is going to be each year - it can be anything from a chain saw to ski boots!)  Then came a ski trip to Vermont with our son. Finally on St. Patrick's Day - his actual birthday - was a gathering that involved pizza and ice cream sundaes. All this for the guy who says every year......I don't want any fuss on my birthday.........




Irresistibly Yours DSP made working with the sketch at Pals Paper Arts simple as can be this week! I masked off the center with Post It Tape, sponged the edges with Coastal Cabana ink and wiped it off to reveal that wonderful pattern underneath.  Hope you play along at Pals Paper Arts this week - would love to see what you create!




                                                        

10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

I love it! Your sponging and layering is terrific! Fantastic birthday card. :)

Amy O said...

Nothing is better to celebrate a birthday than balloons (ok, and maybe cake :)). I love how you've masked that dsp, and I love how you've used the buttons.

Mary Fish said...

Simply darling. Love how the buttons balance the balloons.

Mike said...

Very cool card, Linda! Your color palette is amazing! And would have never thought to mask off the background!

Dawn Tidd said...

So perfect for the big guy! I love how you did the masking on the background...smart!

Michelle Quinno said...

This is amazing, Linda! Sounds like a perfect birthday too.

Patti MacLeith said...

JEAlous of your stamp set (I can't have them ALL!) and that you got to ski! Thanks for sharing, Linda!

Jen Mitchell said...

I think a birthday "week" is a splendid idea. Let's hope it catches on. Love these big balloons!

Unknown said...

Count yourself lucky, Linda. My step daughter whose birthday is also on St. Patrick's day calls it her birthday season. What used to be two weeks before and two weeks after is now going one month before and one month after...

Love the birthday card and especially how you masked the middle to add color to both ends of the DSP layer. Must consider doing that myself. Now to pin it so I remember, LOL

Pat Gasko said...

Love the Birthday card you placed the birthday banner in a perfect spot. Both my hubby and I enjoyed your description of yours truly's birthday without fuss! LOL