Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Bring the Sunshine........FMS219





The new Sunburst die from Stampin' Up! and sentiment from Feel Goods are a match made in Heaven! This sentiment sums up perfectly what we do as cardmakers.  I started making cards after I retired and had no clue what an amazing journey I was starting.  When I try to explain to my "other" friends about challenge sites, design teams, Wink of Stella, or Mr. Linky their eyes glaze over and I get a "oh how nice" remark.  They are probably thinking who is this Stella and why would she ever wink at someone named Mr. Linky?

But when they receive a card in the mail that was made just for them......they get it.......



My talented friend Cindy Hall is bringing the sunshine with this great sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.



12 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Simply beautiful Linda! I love the colors that you used, what a great design! :)

LeAnne said...

LOL...fun card and cute story! Yes, Stella and Mr Linky might just have something going on!

Dawn Tidd said...

Great idea to cut the sunshine in half! I love the sentiment too and of course, Stella and Mr. Linky. :)

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I am snowed-in today and visiting blogs! Love how you used the new die off to the side and love your cute little write-up! You rock!

Cindy Hall said...

You really explained the non-stampers glazed-over look quite well! I'm sure anyone who loves stamping can relate to it. I think your card is the epitome of what we do and why we do it. I especially love the little double flags with the sequins. You do that kind of finishing touch like no other. And I'm honored to be called your friend. Thank you!

Amy O said...

I love how you've used the sunburst die on this card! And I love the little embellishments. Great card, Linda!

Stampingcountry said...

Ooh, the gold sequins are the perfect embellishment for your sunshine card!

Linda Kilsdonk said...

I love everything about this card, Linda! Scrumptious from start to finish. Smiles, Linda from Paper Seedlings

Being Mrs Miles said...

Oh LINDA!

What an utterly heart warming sentiment - I totally like the way you put the sun on the left side, and the subtle blue reminds us that the sunshine ALWAYS outshines anything!

Blessings

Karren said...

What a clever take on the sketch, Linda and a cool way to use the sunburst die! Love your story, too! Stella and Linky up a tree, k.i.s.s.i.n.g LOL

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow - this is fabulous! I love how you've used this new die! As always so creative!

Jen Mitchell said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets a blank stare when I try to explain my card making "job!" Love this bright spot of sunshine!