Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Birthday Girl.....FMS289






Once upon a time long ago I was reading the newspaper and saw an ad for poodle pups.  I said to the Big Guy, "I think I will go get one of those pups."  To which he replied, "We don't need a dog......we already have a dog."  Well that was true - we had a Scottie who had developed Cushing's Disease and had been given about six more months to live.  

And then the Big Guy......who sees all and knows all.......said "I won't be discussing this further as I will have no say in this matter, correct?"  That was correct!

That afternoon I met my sweet Abby Girl who weighed only a pound and a half. Four weeks later that tiny ball of energy joined our family.  She is quirky, quick and fun to be around. Miraculously my Scottie pepped up after meeting this new little critter, responded to medication and lived another six years!  And this week we celebrated Abby's 15th birthday. Her secret to a long healthy life might have something to do with the treats that the Big Guy always carries in his pockets......





I'm excited to be hosting this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  Hope you play along with my sketch!  I'll be by to visit your gallery if you do!


                                                  

Stamp Sets:  Painter's Palette, Balloon Celebration, Balloon Adventures

17 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Cute card! Love the balloons. And I love the story about the two puppies...so awesome that your first dog lived another 6 years after bringing home the new puppy. :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

She's a sweetie for sure Linda! Happy 15th Abby! Your card is perfect Linda! I love the balloons and colours colours you've used!

Dawn Tidd said...

Awww, she's a sweet girl, and 15! Wow! Love the easel and big sentiment. The trio of balloons is perfect (x5) got Abby!

Joan said...

Nice story & nice card!!!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda I really like how you used the easel like a billboard! So cute. The birthday balloons set the mood just right to celebrate the 15th for your little fur buddy! How cute is she.... right? Sweet story too. Hugs.

I Card Everyone said...

What is it about dogs? they all know which side of the bread to butter, right? treats in pocket - that big guy is, I'm betting, a push over when it comes to this Abby girl!
Darling card, Linda ... love that sentiment, too!
=]

Karren said...

Adorable card! It's a close call which is cuter - your card or Abby. What a sweet, sweet story and what a sweet, sweet pup you've got there.

Anonymous said...

Abby looks just like my Stella who will be 10 in two weeks and the story is very similar to mine. By the way, luv the card, too!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Linda! Those balloons are fabulous and I love that "painting"! Happy Birthday Abby Girl! I can't believe she's 15! That's amazing! I hope she had a fabulous day!!!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Cute sketch Linda, and cute card too. I love your "Big guy" story and how you call him the Big guy.

nancy littrell said...

I love your sketch and your beautiful birthday card and fun color combos. TFS your and your pups 15th birthday photo...who would have guessed that Abby is 15 and looking so young. TFS both, Linda. Hugs..

Amy O said...

Balloons are perfect for this sketch! And I love them paired with the easel. I was excited to see this sketch - love it! And I love the sweet story about how Abby became a member of your family.

Cindy Beach said...

What a darling card! Made even sweeter by your story and Abby's picture. GENIUS idea you had to go get that poodle!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, happy birthday to dear, sweet Abby! She's awfully lucky to have joined your family and I am sure that she appreciates this special birthday card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your sketch, birthday card and adorable poodle too Linda!

Jen Timko said...

What a wonderful story about your Abby! Love that sweet face! Great card, great sketch, you are awesome. That is all. :-)

Nancy said...

Absolutely adorable card, but Abby...oh my hands down the cutest, I love poodles too.
Love your stories that seem to go along with your cards,