Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Loads of Fun..........FMS291






Try to imagine this card with no sentiment on it.  I thought the washer and the shelf represented the elements of the sketch just fine.  And then I stamped the words and POOF the sketch just disappeared in front of my eyes - much harder to see the basic elements of the sketch now so look carefully!  Anyway that got me thinking......and wondering.....when do you stamp your sentiment? I always stamp mine last.  Sometimes I change my mind about what sentiment to use as the card comes together and then of course space is a factor as well.  But once that sentiment is stamped there is no going back!  I admit to starting a card over more than once due to a smudgy or crooked sentiment.  And sometimes I have covered it up with a banner ;)  So what are your secrets for well placed sentiments?



Jen Brum designed such a fun sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!  You can let your imagination run wild with this one!

                                           


Stamps: Loads of Fun (Lawn Fawn)
Paper:  Whisper White, Cool Treats DSP
Ink: Black, Copics






                                                                       

15 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Too cute! Love the sentiment...even if you think that it made the sketch disappear. :) Perfectly created! I usually stamp my sentiment last too (often holding my breath so that I don't mess it up!). My stamp-a-ma-jig is my friend for all things straight. ;)

LeAnne said...

I love this card...the images and sentiment are perfectly "Linda"! And since I have my Misti, I am much better at stamping my sentiments, but I have been known to do all of the things you listed, plus a few more! Banners are most helpful, I think!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda you are too funny. Love this card and I TOTALLY see the sketch. I really LOVE using a sketch as it helps to speed me up! Sometimes I hover trying to figure out how I want to use a stamp set...not saying that I don't eventually come to a conclusion... BUT... (that's why I love to CASE too!) I have loved and purchased so many sets and then can't figure out or forgot how I want to use them!
I do usually stamp the sentiment Last... but I also die cut and layout my "thought" before I do anything else. especially when glue is involved. Hugs

Stampingcountry said...

Such cuteness! Love the extra bubble!

Lynn Hoyt said...

Ok, with this you are the master. I would not have gotten that stamp set as I would not have ever figured out what to do with it. Perfect! Love it. I saw the sketch right away, I don't think it's hidden at all.

Paper Potter said...

Hahahaha! I just started following Freshly Made again, and this is so me! My life, and my birthday! Thanks, Linda!

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this set and how you used it with the sketch! I love your coloring and the shelf was a wonderful idea for the division in the card. I figure out my sentiment at the end of my card making too. ;)

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card! I just love it!!! Your colouring is amazing and I totally love what you've done with the sketch! It's perfect!

Amy O said...

I totally see the sketch! And I totally see a super cute card. I'm with you -- sentiment at the end, though I often place that stamp on the card to test placement before adhering the rest of the elements down (when I remember).

Karren said...

I think you nailed the sketch! And what a very clever way to interpret it! This set is so much fun (not that laundry is EVER fun, but you know what I mean). I'm with the majority here and stamp my sentiment last, although my Misti takes away the bad stamping part, sometimes if it's a multi-stamp sentiment I wish I'd stamped it closer together or further apart and, of course, it's too late. So I feel your pain!

Jen Mitchell said...

I can see the sketch just fine! You worry too much. As for the sentiment - it definitely goes on last. And there's always that moment when I know that one slip will screw up my card forever! Unless I put a banner over it or something!

ElizStewart said...

Soooooo cute!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I saw the sketch and honestly think your take on it is truly inspired Linda - so creative! Such a fun card. I always hold my breath when I add my sentiment - and use my stamp-a-ma-jig to ensure straightness, although have been known to resort to a banner and throw away and start again in equal measure if all has not gone to plan!

Claire Broadwater said...

Too cute! I love the way you used the sketch and this set. I bought it and never inked it up! Thanks for the fun idea! Hope you are having a great weekend! XX

Kim S said...

I still see the sketch!! And the sentiment is just perfect the way it is!