Wednesday, June 28, 2017

New Babies.....FMS294





The Hero Arts monthly card kit for June contains an amazing stamp/die set that is loaded with silhouette images of African animals and trees.  I did a simple watercolor wash of yellows and pinks then stamped my images.  The elephant family was perfect to create this sweet baby card!  

I confess that I raided Emma's craft box to borrow her Crayola set of watercolors - might be time to buy my own! But I don't think Emma even noticed since she has been awfully busy with the new babies that arrived at her house. And these little babies are much better nappers than Emma ever was!  They had their first checkup today and weighed in at a whopping 4 pounds each.  As you can see crate training is going very well.......ha!










Amy - that talented Texas artisan friend of mine - has a great layered sketch for us this week at Freshly Made Sketches - enjoy!

\

Stamps:  Hero Arts June 2017 Kit, Cups and Succulents (SSS)
Ink:  Watercolors, Black
Paper: Watercolor, Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black

10 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

That image of the elephants is about as sweet as can be! Love your "watercolor" background too. Can't believe that you did that with her Crayola markers!

And crate training...those little puppies are far too cute to put in a crate. I'm sure that they'll never cause any trouble. ;)

Brian King said...

Your watercolor wash background is spectacular! What great colors for the background of these amazing dies!

Dawn Tidd said...

You created a gorgeous sunset for that cute silhouette with those watercolors! Love it! Looks like spoiled pups to me!

Amy O said...

I am totally amazed that you created that background with Emma's Crayola watercolors. It's beautiful! And those puppies...I would love to cuddle with them. They are adorable! I'll bet Emma is on cloud 9 and is completely in love.

Karren said...

Ooh I love this card, Linda! I subscribe to the Hero Arts kits and even bought 2 of this one so I can give a kit to my mother, but still haven't had a chance to use it yet. And those puppies just get cuter with every photo you post.

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Linda this is such a cool card! I bet Nance Leedy would love this! Looks wonderful in those colors too; beautiful sunset. The little fur balls look pretty comfy!!!Hugs

Jen Brum said...

This is such an amazing card Linda! I just love those elephants and the watercoloring is amazing! Love how you used Emma's markers!!! Ha! Those puppies are sooooo sweet! I think I would have trouble putting them down!

Jen Timko said...

Oh, this watercolor wash is gorgeous and the perfect way to show off this great stamp set. Yes, time for your own color set!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Love the watercolored background. It makes for some great scenery for the elephants! And those puppies are so adorable!

Kim S said...

What a fabulous look! I love the silhouettes against that beautiful Crayola(!!??) background!