Thursday, August 17, 2017

Fusion: Black and Orange






We've already had some Halloween fun this week. Yesterday morning the dogs started barking and chasing a bat through the dining room! If I'm outside I'm ok if a bat flies by...... but in the house.....yeow!  But you know the Big Guy is never without a plan!  First he opens the front door while I toss him a tennis racket from the cellarway.  Then he closes the French doors to try to confine it to the main hall while I barricade myself in the laundry room.  Then he sits on the stairs while the dogs hopefully chase it out the open front door......but if it turns to head up the stairs ........ well you know what would happen!

We live in an area where a bat will find its way inside now and then.  The rational side of my brain knows they are harmless and valuable critters......but the irrational side of me makes me hide in the laundry room.   I am happy to report the little guy found the front door and escaped from a howling dachshund, two yapping poodles......and the Big Guy's racket!


We also had this visitor near our camp this week snacking on some berries along the road.......and the plan for dealing with this critter is simple........leave the area immediately!







 We have a great inspiration photo and sketch this week at Fusion!  I used both!  Hope you join us!


Stamp Sets:  Merry Cafe, Coffee Cafe, Season to Sparkle, Holiday Home, Cutie Pie (Lawn Fawn)
Paper:  Whisper White, Halloween Night DSP

13 comments:

stampwithamyk said...

Your card is fantastic! Love the Halloween theme and and the little bats add the perfect touch. Your story made me laugh right out loud...we had a similar incident with a squirrel. Only it was the middle of the night and we did not have a racket or a plan! You really need to move down here so that I can call you when such things happen! ;)

GerriK said...

Linda,
I would be hiding in the laundry room with you - irrational or not. Thanks for the chuckle.
Love the card!! Is that an embossing folder you used for the little lines around the edge of the card?

Linda Callahan said...

Hi Gerri....I have a set of stitched borders die cuts that I ordered from Simon Says Stamp that makes that stitched edge.

GerriK said...

Thanks! I'll have to check them out. Love the effect they give. Really cute card!

Dawn Tidd said...

You've had a "wild" time! Stay away from wild things is my motto! It may have been the time for some of that brew in the cup on your cute card though!

Ginger said...

Yowza Girlfriend! You had a bit too much nature recently. A bear and a bat - what a combo! Loved your card and the color combo!

Jen Mitchell said...

It's never too early for a Halloween card! And a coffee themed one with a fantastic sentiment and a Poe-esque raven is over the top fabulous! And that's a giant black bear - what a fun visitor he must be!

Karren said...

This is so fun! Great images and the sentiment is a scream (pun intended!). I have never seen a live bat (or a dead one, for that matter) but I'm quite happy to go through life without having seen one.

Lucille K said...

I love your bat story :) Your card is wonderful, love the sentiment :)

Claire said...

Bats and bears - only marginally better than the snakes and funnelwebs we get over here Linda! Your card is so fun...makes me wish we celebrated Halloween in the same way in Australia. What a great stamp set!

Marlena M. said...

Yikes and yikes to bears and bats! I can relate~ Your card is delightful Linda~

Cécile RIBON said...

To be honest Im not a great fan of Halloween but I'm definitly fan of your fun card, Linda!

Nora Noll said...

This is so fun!! I LOVE that sentiment on the cup and the addition of the little crow.